Employers are required to elect at least a personnel to forward as an Occupational Safety & Health Coordinator (OSH-C) to manage the OSH affairs at the workplace. The action is under the ascendency specified in the Small and Medium Industry (SMI) 2020 Strategic Plan; increased quantity and quality of OSH practitioners in the SMI sector. OSH-C shall coordinate health and safety systems by identifying hazards, assessing risks and taking reasonable actions on OSH compliance. They are also accountably administrating OSH documents to report to DOSH. Concerning the competency of OSH-C, DOSH has ruled that OSH-C must be someone who has completed the prescribed course handled by DOSH certified training centre.
- Explain the purpose, objective and importance of OSH-Coordinator in an organization,
- Perform duties as OSH-Coordinator in an organization,
- Understand the requirement of Occupational Safety and Health Act 1994 and Factories Machinery Act,
- Promote safety culture at the workplace, Take reasonable action pertaining to OSH compliance,
- Manage and maintain OSH documents
- SME Companies,
- Semi-Skilled Workers,
- New Workers,
- University Students.